Our most successful candidates will have:
- Significant experience of building and implementing enterprise workforce planning capabilities to support delivery of more efficient operations. This will be a very hands-on role so the successful candidate will be expected to operate at all levels in a resource planning structure, in particular for the first 6-12 months.
- Experience in business plan development and financial projections.
- Demonstrable track record of using BI to provide the right information and insights to enable the examination of issue root causes and suggest improvement opportunities.
- Robust understanding of P&L’s at site and client level (Historical and Future forecasts).
- Previous experience with working with multiple clients, multi sites, multi- channel and multi geographies as well helping to shape service improvement opportunities.
- BPO Services or similar Outsourcing experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with operational process reviews, continuous improvement development and implementation.
- Ability to analyse clients work across various operational sites onshore and offshore and multi- channel / functional teams, at all levels of the group, to make any recommendations for improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make suggestions for improvement measuring the success of any changes.
- A creative and resourceful approach to finding effective solutions to opportunities, problems, and situations.
- The ability to efficiently manage time and keep track of multiple schedules, meetings, and initiatives.
- Goal-orientation and the power to motivate teams to achieve exceptional results.
- Experience in business management, project management, business process simulation and optimisation.
- A degree in Business Management, Planning, Finance, Customer Services, or related field.
- Minimum Six years of relevant work experience in workforce planning and improvement for large scale Operations or Services.
- Ability to travel - Potential for travel across Romania, Nordics & UK.
This role will develop and lead the company’s Resource Planning strategy and capability evolution ensuring an effective approach to support delivery for Clients, Customers, and the Business. Initial focus will be on the build of an enterprise Resource Planning capability to support the 850 FTE back office processing operation in Romania, headquartered in Sibiu. Once established in Romania, it is envisaged that the capability established will expand to support Azets Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland and potentially in time, the UK). The Resource Planning Director therefore must have a solid / demonstrable background in enterprise level demand / workforce planning and a track record of building capabilities / successful teams ground up. Apart from their education and senior leadership experience, they must have every quality of a successful leader, strong planning commercial acumen, exceptional stakeholder management and be a highly proactive and positive agent for change.
Their goal is to ensure that the group and its associated business areas have the right level of resources, optimise the use of those resources, and produce insights & improvements to meet both client and business needs through effective planning, reporting and governance. They would also be responsible for ongoing continuous improvement to ensure the company is a leader in their field, services remain cost effective and deliver an industry leading customer experience.
To review, build and optimise the demand & resource planning approach (people, processes, technology, ways of working, in conjunction with the group MI teams) by leading the planning and delivery of the Company’s Workforce planning capability to support a high quality, cost-effective service in line with strategic service delivery objectives, client SLA’s and contractual obligations.
Typical Duties will include (not limited to):
- Design and deliver clear Strategies, Plans and Objectives aligned to the Group Strategies, Plans and Objectives for its shareholders, aligned to the Client’s requirements.
- Develop Strategies, Plans and Objectives for effective & efficient Resource Planning, reporting & Improvement functions covering People, Process, Technologies, Ways of Working and Insights.
- Clearly define a structure that is fit for purpose (short, medium and longer term) in line with the group wide enterprise aspirations for the Resource Planning capability.
- Ensures resource plans are managed effectively across the different sites, regions and countries identifying any upskill, cross skill and multi skilling opportunities.
- Provides leadership and direction for own direct team and operational, client service teams to ensure improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Takes an innovative approach to continuous improvement, ensuring teams work closely with the operation to create and deliver recommendations to improve efficiency, effectiveness and/or customer experience.
- Drives effective implementation of improvements ensuring alignment to business priorities, working closely with the Integration/Change, Innovation & Operational teams.
- Develops recommendations into solid business cases for approval, identifying investment to achieve, benefits to cost reductions, improvements to revenue or margins and where it could impact potential revenue from clients.
- Contributes to organisational design, such as Spans & Layers reviews across the Group.
- Works closely with senior leadership, including dedicated country Managing Directors, utilising data to demonstrate the value potential of effective resource planning to not only ensure SLAs are delivered / priorities are aligned, but also to demonstrate the positive impact resource planning can have on business margins.
What we offer:
- A very financially sound, rapidly growing and profitable work place that takes good care of employees
- Competitive salary package
- 13th salary
- Seniority bonus
- Training programs and conferences (remote or on-site)
- Modern technology, work methods and tools
- Private medical insurance, private pension plan
About Azets Insight Romania
Azets Insight Romania is formely know as Visma Services Romania as a result of the sale of Visma BPO Division.
Azets is a new company, but with a rich history. Our dedicated employees will continue to offer the same skills and expertise in accounting, payroll and HR, staffing and consulting. Our services and solutions remain unchanged. Azets is represented in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Romania.